European Federation for Animal Health and Sanitary Security (FESASS)
The European Federation for Animal Health and Sanitary Security (Féderation Européenne pour la Santé Animale et la Securité Sanitaire, FESASS) is an European organization representing breeders in the field of animal health. It currently gathers organizations from nine EU Member States:
- France (Federation of Animal Health Services, GDS France)
- Germany (German Animal Breeders' Federation, ADT)
- Italy (Breeders organization, AIA)
- Belgium (Animal Health Service in Flanders and Wallonia, dgz and arsia)
- Luxembourg (Breeders' cooperative, Convis)
- The Netherlands (Gezondheidsdienst voor dieren, GD)
- Portugal (regional animal health services UADSA, Alentejo and UCADESA, Northern Portugal)
- Spain (Pig producers association Anprogapor)
- Ireland (Animal Health Ireland, AHI)
-Austria (Nachhaltige Tierhaltung Österreich, ntö)
The FESASS was founded in December 2001 under the patronage and in presence of then-Commissioner for Health and Consumers David Byrne. The FESASS pursues several objectives:
- defending and strengthening the sanitary status of the EU livestock inventory and the quality of its products,
- working at the valorisation of live animals and their products towards the consumer and the world market,
- helping and, if necessary, coordinating its members’ efforts in achieving their own goals,
- being a place of information exchange and debate, thereby enabling the development of general orientation proposals in terms of policy, techniques and sanitary safety,
- harmonizing the technical points of view of its adherents in order to work out common strategies.
The presidents of FESASS:
Bernard TERRAND (France, Dec 2001 - Jun 2009)
Didier DELMOTTE (Belgium, since June 2009)
Alain C. Cantaloube (GDS France) is the Secretary-general of the Federation (contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Since December 2017 the Brussels' office of FESASS is located in 21, Place du Nouveau Marché aux Grains, 1000 Brussels.
FESASS has laid down its common fundamentals, the values it adheres to and its policy objectives in a strategic plan:
You may download the Annual Reports of FESASS in the French section of this homepage (/fesass_fr.html).